Please contact CropKing for a UPS shipping quote.
An ideal system for the hobby livestock farmer, this recirculating system is capable of producing up to 12 lbs. of hydroponic barley fodder per channel. Under suitable growing conditions, a channel full of fodder can be harvested every 7-9 days. Whether you're feeding twenty chickens or one cow, producing your own nutritious fodder is economically beneficial and lots of fun!
The system is designed like an NFT system, with the exception that irrigation events are operated by a timer as opposed to a continuous flow of solution. This reduces the probability of disease and/or pest establishment in the system.
All of our FodderKing units utilize CropKing’s widest channel, which is capable of holding standard 10 x 20 trays. All of these units can be used for germinating seeds and growing microgreens on burlap or BioStrate.
A reservoir is not included, which provides you with the freedom to choose a tank size to suit your unique situation. Smaller reservoirs could lead to larger and more frequent pH fluctuations due to quicker depletion of the solution while larger reservoirs may result in smaller and less frequent pH fluctuations.
- (8) 4 ft. x 10 in. LW food-grade PVC channels
- 14 in. space between levels
- (2) 5-gallon soaking buckets with (4) mesh liners
- Square Allied Gatorshield galvanized steel support rack with adjustable legs for creating slope
- Complete feed and drain plumbing
- PVC primer and cement for gluing end caps
- Active Aqua 400 GPH submersible pump (PUM8000)
- Easy to assemble fodder system components
- Digital timer for irrigation cycles
- Assembly and growing instructions
- Overall footprint of system: 4 ft. 6 in. x 2 ft. 2 in. x 5 ft. 6 in. LWH
*reservoir not included